Hanging art on your artist booth can be a great way to showcase your work and attract potential buyers. To do this effectively, you’ll need some display panels or walls to hang your art.
Here are some steps to help you set up your booth:
Measure and Plan:
Before purchasing any display panels, measure the dimensions of your booth space. (A standard booth size is 10×10.) Decide how many walls you want to cover with art and if you want to cover the outside as well. Knowing the square footage will help determine the size and number of panels needed. Also, plan the layout of your booth to optimize the display of your artwork. Start can always buy and decide in phases to keep the initial cost down.
Types of Display Panels:
There are various types of display panels you can use. Some options include:
- Mesh Panels: These are lightweight and portable panels made of metal or mesh. They often have built-in hooks to hang your art.
- Gridwall Panels: Similar to mesh panels, gridwall panels are versatile and can be used with hooks and accessories to hang art.
- Pegboard Panels: These panels have evenly spaced holes, allowing you to insert pegs or hooks to hang your art.
- Folding Display Panels: These freestanding panels fold for easy transport and setup.
- Pipe and Drape System: This involves using upright poles and crossbars to create walls for hanging artwork.
Finding Display Panels:
You can find display panels at various places:
- Art Supply Stores: Many art supply stores offer a range of display panels suitable for artists.
- Online Retailers: Websites like Amazon, Etsy, or specialized art display retailers often have a wide selection of display panels.
- Trade Shows and Art Fairs: If you attend trade shows, you may find vendors selling display panels on-site. Walking through your local art fair, look at the display walls you like. Often the company name is on the display wall. If you don’t see it, feel free to ask the artist if they aren’t busy.
- Secondhand or DIY Options: Consider checking out local classifieds or social media groups for used panels. Facebook marketplace and eBay often have items listed for sale. Additionally, you might try making your own display panels using materials like plywood or foam board.
In addition to the panels, you’ll need accessories to hang your art in your artist booth. These may include:
- Hooks or Pegs: Depending on the type of panels you choose, you’ll need appropriate hooks, pegs, or hanging wires to securely attach your artwork.
- Level and Measuring Tape: Ensure your artwork is hung straight and evenly by using a level and measuring tape during the setup process.
- Labels and Price Tags: Don’t forget to label your artwork with titles and prices, making it easy for potential buyers to identify and inquire about pieces they like.
Before purchasing display panels, take some time to compare prices, read reviews, and consider the durability and portability of the panels. Investing in a good-quality display setup will help you present your artwork professionally and attractively, enhancing your chances of making sales at art shows and exhibitions.